View Single Post
Old 24-06-2019, 08:59 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritual_Light
But my hardships have left me pondering on all things about my life, what our spiritual purpose is, what mine is supposed to be, trying to understand life after death etc.
Often prefixing with the word 'Spiritual' doesn't help, because then it's no longer Spiritual but filtered through your definitions of 'Spiritual', whatever they may be. In terms of your Life's Purpose they often only confuse the issue because we're not all here to contemplate our navels all day.

Sit yourself down with candles, music and anything else hat will put you into that frame of mind. Then ask yourself one simple question.
"If I had never existed, how different would the Universe be?"

As a mother/father, daughter/son, parent, friend, colleague...... Every day and in every interaction we make a difference of some kind to people's Lives. Very often we are not here for our own Spiritual growth as much as we are here for the Spiritual growth of others, and there's more to Spiritual development than reading books and Youtubes.

I can tell you from past experience that whatever hardships you've been through, you can turn them around to make them work for you instead of against you. You see, true empathy only comes from having had the experiences yourself and often people instinctively know the difference. As the book title goes, "Turning Hurts Into Halos."

Your Life isn't stagnating, the Universe can't do much with you until you have decided which way you're going to jump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritual_Light
He said that I was an old soul who had many lives before, and that the reason I am having difficulties in this life is because I had a difficult previous life where certain things were not dealt with. So part of my struggles in this life are inherited karma.
Yeah that figures, I picked up the familiar patterns early on. Me too by the way.

One of the main causes of what you're calling karma is that duality of perception that's coming through. You're defining it as a 'Spiritual' Journey rather than a Journey, as though tagging on the 'Spiritual' in front of it gives it more importance. This is not a Spiritual Journey it's a Journey to Self, and regardless of what's on the surface that's always underneath. The Journey is about you as an aspect of Source.

You're looking for 'positives' so you've defined your previous experiences as 'negative'. In one Life you've had what you have defined as difficulties so now in this Life they have to be resolved. Are those lessons that you said we grow from difficulties, or negatives? Dolores Canon said that karma is looking at both sides of the coin - a 'positive' in this Life is experienced as a 'negative' in another Life. When you cease using the words there is no balance needed because there's no opposition.

Unto thine own self be true.