View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 02:34 AM
Guide

Haha, enlightenment isn't always some kind of esoteric idea you need very complex texts and even extreme meditations for in my view. If you can see how enlightenment can apply to everyday life, then maybe it'd be so much easier to share them for everyone.

When I studied the history of computing, there was always the inventor of the work, yes, but after that, the work then had to be popularized and made easier to understand so more people can access it. I took this viewpoint to mean that these ideas can be condensed to be so much simpler if compared to the everyday modern world.

Strange that people only see Truth in such a narrow perspective sometimes -- when the whole point of seeing the Truth is being able to bring light to your lives -- not just during meditation sessions, haha. Truth is independent of time and place, if you look closer. So look again on how you can teach. Hell, maybe how you can share these ideas can be even fun for once. Humanity is so full of people who easily give up on finding ways to teach and then blame it on others for not "seeking the light" enough.

We're more similar to others than we think. We are not special. We're all part of Truth. You say we're one in meditation, but if you can't actually find similarities between us all, then what's the use of being one with the universe anyway? We all see a different shard of Truth, and all people need is a little push in the right direction -- if you can figure out where that direction leads.

In Reddit, there was this subreddit called explainlikeimfive -- where they encouraged others to teach complex ideas in a way children could understand. If you can teach these ideas so a child can understand a little bit more, then that's when you'll know you're a master. I remember someone PMed me before explaining all these ideas in the most complicated definitions, but when I told him about the Truth in more practical everyday terms, he scolded me for thinking I was higher. So much from someone who said that he wanted the feedback after all.

I remember Richard Feynman had a wonderful quote on it.

"The next Monday, when the fathers were all back at work, we kids were playing in a field. One kid says to me, “See that bird? What kind of bird is that?” I said, “I haven’t the slightest idea what kind of a bird it is.” He says, “It’s a brown-throated thrush. Your father doesn’t teach you anything!” But it was the opposite. He had already taught me: “See that bird?” he says. “It’s a Spencer’s warbler.” (I knew he didn’t know the real name.) “Well, in Italian, it’s a Chutto Lapittida. In Portuguese, it’s a Bom da Peida. In Chinese, it’s a Chung-long-tah, and in Japanese, it’s a Katano Tekeda. You can know the name of that bird in all the languages of the world, but when you’re finished, you’ll know absolutely nothing whatever about the bird. You’ll only know about humans in different places, and what they call the bird. So let’s look at the bird and see what it’s doing—that’s what counts."

He was an atheist and a scientist, but his ideas on teaching could have made a revolution in how spirituality was taught -- you know, if people actually listened to the atheists' shard of Truth for once. I found myself closest to an enlightenment experience when I hear from him, haha. Much of my spirituality came from the atheists -- I have so much to learn from them.