View Single Post
Old 21-10-2018, 09:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MultiversianReflector
Ah synchronicity... I was reading this book last night and I joined this forum today. Currently, I am struggling to measure past lives and parallel lives. I think it's all in the present moment so these are more simultaneous lives. Of course, this makes it all more confusing.

There was a movie, "Inception", which tried to express the concept of lives within lives (as in a dream) and parallel lives. The movie was confusing to follow but nonetheless quite good.

Since you are reading the book, you are probably aware of the parallel lives mentioned in the book. While bilocation, as demonstrated by entities such as Padre Pio in Christianity and Milarepa in Tibetan Buddhism, is not exactly the same thing, implications can be made from the documented bilocation experiences.

Synchronicity, on the other hand, is another topic altogether and is discussed extensively in Carl Jung's works. It seems connected to the attractive forces in the underlying levels of consciousness (collective unconscious in Jungian terminology) whereby nothing really happens "by chance".

These are good topics for this thread, and I hope that you elaborate more on your interpretations of these phenomena.

P.S. The University of Virginia Psychology/Psychiatry Department has done extensive research into what they call "post mortem survival" (in preference to "past lives"). Multi-disciplinary teams have been able to research memories from children just starting to speak about another life and, when enough detail was provided, the team was able to validate the details in the actual location where the remembered events reportedly happened.