Thread: Book Esoterics
View Single Post
Old 26-02-2018, 09:30 PM
Master

[quote=Shivani DeviFor example...and it is a very GOOD one.

In India, all of the esoteric knowledge and teachings are basically confined to the "Brahmin caste" as they are the 'chosen ones' to hold it...they are the only ones allowed to study and read it so only THEY can attain moksha/liberation and nobody else can.

As such, all the poor Shudra Caste remains illiterate...they have no way of obtaining liberation...but oh wai...YES they do! through worship and love of God.

.[/QUOTE]

Shivani Devi,

I very much liked your example. The very same thing happened in Christianity over the years. Knowledge, in many ways, was restricted to the priesthood. It made no difference in regards to liberation(salvation) even by the very things or knowledge that the priests possessed. Namely, that the scriptures taught salvation by grace......not knowledge.

To differ somewhat, I would suggest that liberation is not dependent on worship and love of God. I would simply assert that it is soley dependent on love.....period. One that is permeated with love and radiates love, IMO, meets all the criteria for liberation. "Worship and love of God" unfortunately has connotations of association with some specific religion and this has a way of reverting to a knowledge based philosophy.

In the Christian scriptures(1 Cor. 13), the Apostle Paul states that 'love never fails' and that it is what truly endures......even mentioning that eventually knowledge 'passes away'.