Thread: necromancy
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 02:43 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
My forum user-name comes from the world of trading-card gaming and has nothing to do with the actual practice of Necromancy itself.

To cut a long story short, I was a Yu-Gi-Oh! duelist and I had a Fiend/Demon deck and a huge crush on Yami Bakura.

My 'boss monsters' were Dark Ruler of Hades, Belial The Marquis of Darkness, Summoned Skull and Dark Necrofear.

Dark Necrofear was the queen of my whole deck...it took the banishment of three Fiend Monster's souls from my graveyard to special summon her...and when I got her out into play, I always celebrated it as an achievement and did an 'evil laugh'...muahahaha...just like Yami Bakura.

Thus, people called me 'The Necromancer' and the name stuck...I was just called 'Necro' for short.

Then, when I joined up here, every user-name I wanted to use was already taken...every single one! I tried at least a dozen different names...in the end, I went with my own gaming handle because that was the only name this forum would allow me to use!

I use it in honor of Yami Bakura...the apple doesn't fall far from the tree in regards...

And that is why I'm known as "The Necromancer" and for no other reason besides.

My eldest son use to collect Yu-Gi-Oh cards when he was little. I would sit with him for hours and hours and listen to him tell me about each card. I ended up teaching him science that way.