View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 01:37 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Dear kk+
In all the cases I have seen, a being directly attached to another is a dependent or parasitical being. The energy transfer is always from larger host to smaller parasite. Obviously the parasite is likely to consider this a beneficial arrangement. Depending on the purpose the host might also (pregnancy for example). In the case of energy cords/threads, there is a sharing in both directions. Depending on the arrangement, it might be mutually beneficial, beneficial to one party and detrimental to the other, or detrimental to both parties.

People who always feel 'charged' after an energy interaction are known as energy vampires (not my term, just using it). They feel better because they are taking energy at the expense of the other person. The drained person may have gotten something else in compensation and so still view it as a positive experience. In most cases for the drained it is a negative. Oddly the most common such interaction I have witnessed was where an 'energy healer' is the vampire. In group settings they take from the raised energy for healing, not from the one in need.

I do not force things into boxes. I do use labels as a convenience for communication purposes. I also composite my experiences to form an over all evaluation of similar phenomena, a generalization if you will. One should not take that to mean every case fits the 'norm'. If you read my posts overall, you will see that I often make clarifications and point out subtleties of how stuff don't fit. I also try to get people to stop lumping everything into the same group (mostly unsuccessfully as in the term 'walk-in').

P.S. if you think I am using 'earth eyes', you are mistaken

it is my experience that with earth eyes, you think energy "belongs" to someone. with spirit eyes, you know energy is limitless. no need for parasites. no need for vampires. just the flow of energy. at least that is my experience. however, i am the first to acknowledge that i am not normal.

perhaps the difference here is that i work with spirit. not other people. so the flow is always there. when you use such terms in the negative tone, it serves to stop a person from reaching to spirit for fear they will be parasites or vampires. i can see how on the material plane there is a limited amount of energy.

at times i have been accused of being a Pollyanna and seeing only the good. but that is how i see things. that is what i am. it is a good way to live.

kk