View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 06:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
That's ok. If you don't think the salmon is right, then don't. Flax, linseed, chia is good enough. The body converts about 5% their ALA omega to th omega we need.

True. You will notice what your body needs much more when you are active. It gets a little bit complicated looking into amino acids, but there are essential amino acids we have to get from food. Veges just need to eat a range of nuts, seeds, legumes, lentils, chickpeas - and tofu and quinoa contain all the essential amino acids.

That's about the healthiest breakfast I've seen. I see some supplements in there which is fine as a 'top up', but not as a replacement for real food.

It all sounds extraordinarily good. Just needs more coffee and lots more wine.

Thanks again.

I’m pretty consistent eating as I do. The beauty of that, is you can splurge if you want every now and then without upsetting your balance. As time has gone by, I’m noticing it’s easy to choose healthy anywhere I am, mainly because my body has adjusted long term eating this way, it’s not out of ‘have too’, ‘i should’ ‘need too’. It’s quite effortless to eat this way.

I notice a lot of my vegetarian friends don’t look more closely at the food balance on their plate. I’ve educated myself,about how to incorporate a wider range of foods to achieve that. Plus ensuring you keep that balance of food groups going more consistently

As for the fish. I would eat it regularly if I knew it was a clean and not a contaminated, source. Deep sea fish seems to be a favourite ‘safe’ source.