View Single Post
Old 25-02-2018, 09:19 AM
Master
If someone is evolved and deeply spiritual, yes they can love more than one person and be responsible and committed about them. But those might be the rare folks who explore the spiritual context in a partnership and it will not be very hard for many of us on a spiritual forum like this to understand.
Otherwise I agree , if one talks in terms of romantic love, how can there not be non sensual relations anyways if you are still open to the idea of it anyways. Even if someone is being safe, and responsible, the possibility is still there. It is up to the person what they do with that possibility.

People make choices, and this is quite personal and would depend from person to person I feel. As long as two people consent in a partnership, I guess it depends on those two people only. However you cannot justify what you do in your personal life by calling out on those who hold different views, as a challenge to your own views or as challenge to their's.

A close acquaintance of mine just discovered few weeks ago, that she has a step son and for 26 years she didn't know. Her daughter is 28 years old and they were always married when her step son was born, till he died in a car accident and died in the early 90s.. If she would have known that her husband was dating another young woman while he was still married to her, would it have been more acceptable to her ? Given she was a woman in her early 30s with a young daughter. Suppose it was out in open and not hidden. Would it be fair to her , and possible for her to accept that her husband was with someone at the time. She didn't so she says it was 'cheating'. If she had accepted it in spiritual and deep terms like she is now, and has welcomed her step son into her family how would the outcome be. He does not know anything about his father so he excited to meet his family. Despite grievances, would she say it would be better if she knew. She feels it would be better if she knew already, but that wouldn't make her want to stay with him anyways.
Such things bear responsibility , and relationships bear responsibility. I think a mature person, even a truly liberal and open person would understand that and talk about it.
At the end of the day we make choices, not just for others but also for ourselves. It's us who make those choices and that's what defines us, not just in the society at large for show ( as in people like to represent themselves a certain way with labels ). Relationships are personal. What anyone does in their personal life, is their business, unless you are insecured about it and say you want to inform people about it.
Most of us fall in love more than once, and like I said in my first post most of us might be polyamoros that way.
If one loves deeply regardless, and loves more than one person it is acceptable, but then again that would depend from person to person and choices they ultimately make.

This where I stand not to dispute anyone about what they do in their lives. All relationships offer growth, but we all don't chose similarly and we certainly don't need to chose similarly. We are all perfectly capable of defining and chosing what is best suited to us. Thanks.