View Single Post
Old 25-02-2018, 01:49 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelic star
In the above statement , I talked about my friend being serious and committed, in a casual response to the OP. And my friend is a very serious and devoted girl. She is in love and the guy who married is madly in love with her. He traveled half way across the continent to marry her and spend a lifetime with her. I don't think they like the idea of a third person in the dynamic. Lots of couples don't like the idea of a third person in a dynamic up until old age. They will frown at the idea of it. It's not a new concept lol, has been going on for ages now.

So much talk on soul love lol, we can transform intensely and feel 'soul love' for others intensely anyways. People are different, not everyone is growing and evolving by engaging in lust.

I think here some people entertain the idea of being liberal, and for others to understand their 'point of view' but maybe they are only triggered by people who find commitment/ faithfulness with one person or the concept of being devoted to only one person in a marriage/ relationship. They don't like the idea of commitment to one person only. That is the only thing that triggers them.

I have no problem with commitment to one person. I think that is wonderful and amazing... and it also makes it a lot easier. I am not triggered by that... Polyamory is more complex as a relationship structure - especially if you have kids. And I agree people are different... all I am saying is that there can be serious commitment to more than one person - even if it is not understood, desirable, or even possible for you to imagine. That is all... One way is not right or wrong... it's about harmony between people.

I have no agenda to convince anyone to be polyamorous but I imagine a lot of people love more than one person - even romantically. So I choose to be honest about it in my life. Realistically, there is a lot of emotional work, knowledge and communication of self and needs that is required. Definitely need to source happiness from within. I am raising awareness that some people are polyamorous and it's not all about sex/lust, IMO.