View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 11:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Agree, agree, agree, agree! LOL!

For me it's best explained by analogy because that's the only way I can even begin to wrap my mind around it. For my entire life I was stumbling around a pitch black room, searching for a light switch I believed existed. When I finally found it (The Big One) and the lights went on belief dissolved, replaced with the knowing of direct experience. The experience of separation between Awareness and mind seems to be the defining aspect of life now.

Aside from that I can't really add anything from an intellectual perspective except for the long and winding road that led me there. From the small "I" perspective of mind that has to be enough because my impression is that's all it will ever be able to wrap itself around.

It's still intensely curious and will continue drilling down from both a spiritual and scientific perspective, but it doubts the answer to the Big Question of how it all works and fits together will ever become clear from an intellectual perspective.

So yeah, I can definitely relate to your perspective and it has to be an inherent aspect of the gross level of reality we experience, and therein I suspect the difficulty arises.

EDIT: An interesting and quite humorous aspect of it all is how I refer to 'I' and 'me' now. In my mind it's all crystal clear but it's kind of clunky making that distinction in everyday interactions and I don't really see myself doing it in casual conversation like Sadghuru does when referring to his body-mind as 'this one'. LOL!
Yes, it is quite strange when self-referencing after samadhi.

Whenever "I" say "I" it is always "who is the "I" that is saying "I"? and whenever the one who says "I" also says "my mind" or "my ego", it is always "what is it that thinks it 'owns' the mind or the ego?

No matter which way I slice that cake there, the thing that "I" associate with any personal pronoun, still ends up as being "my" ego...just a different aspect of it which adopts an objective role/viewpoint rather than a subjective one.

It is an exercise in "mental dissociation" which whatever form this "I" takes, is really proficient at doing and yet, everything is still neatly confined within the boundary of its own existence AS Self like a guilded cage and the only time it escapes is when any notion of an "I" gets lost in translation somehow in a full-blown devotional, ecstatic trance...and this is WHY any notion of an "I" makes the "I-dentification" (which may/not have anything to do with my canine incisors) with being a Bhakti Yogi.

You speak of Sadhguru...he really does nothing much for me....just hasn't got the "vibe" which moves me at any more than an intellectual level.

One day, I was going through his videos...just yawning and going "BORING...NEXT" when I came across the soundtrack for this year's Mahashivratri festival:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o4T4ayW8leI

Within seconds, I was up off the chair and spinning around like a dervish...
THAT "hit the spot".

It also happens whenever I listen to Kailash Kher:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn3fQz9kZzc

It is a good thing that I understand Sanskrit and Hindi...

Yes, that Indian "head bobble" thing is quite unique...it is usually accompanied by folded hands in the "Anjali Mudra" and the words "aachaa...aachaa" which sort of means "good! I see! Please go on!"

Another interesting gesture is when it looks like they are shooing you away with their hands, but it actually means "come closer".

In the Indian language, every single opposite word, rhymes! Which makes writing poetry in Hindi a breeze...but does nothing to foster Non-Duality..it just reinforces it! LOL

So, if they wave their hand and say "aao" it means "come" and if they wave their hand and say "jao" it means "get lost"...one would not want to be hard of hearing in India, would one?

Usually the prefix of the letter "a" or the prefix of "na/nir" is just added to the word to denote an opposite, kind of like how in English, we use "un" or "ill/irr"
It really is quite remarkable.