View Single Post
Old 23-07-2018, 01:33 AM
Master
Gem, I can see where you re coming from, and hear what you are saying, but are sex and gender really two separate issues? Society, and even mainstream medicine and the professional psychological community, acknowledges different mind-sets for males and females. So the psychological paradigm of gender is closely aligned with the biological condition of a person. What I am saying is can we really separate gender from sex?

Do you think there is an innate gender psychology automatically associated with a person’s sex, or is that gender psychology exclusively imposed by society, or whomever, on people according to their sex? Males and females to have different hormone levels, which effect their behavior, and maybe even their thinking. The mind-body concept has not really established a line where the mind ends and the body begins.

Physical conditions effect mental conditions and vice-versa, so can we really separate gender from sex, and say that a certain thing is more about gender than it is about sex? I am of the belief that everything is connected, nothing can exist in a vacuums, nothing stands alone in my opinion. A transsexual may go through some kind of psychological adjustment but they do not have to go through a psychological assignment; rather it is a biological assignment to align with an already established mind-set.

I would be very interested to hear you views on whether or not gender is as innate as sex. Notwithstanding that, a transsexual may be born with a female mindset, for instance, in a male body, or vice versa, but is the psychology exclusively about what society has imposed. Although, I do acknowledge societies role; places in the Middle-East, where females are taught to think a certain way, as well as males, is a good example of how society manipulates gender psychology.