View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 01:04 PM
Mind's Eye

[quote=Alternate Carpark]Or you could just use the quote function

To dice all these little sayings up into little quote boxes is too much work...lol

I so agree. The theory of evolution has some nasty holes in it, which is why I don't believe in this theory.
The same as i don't believe in the numerous spiritual theories about creation.

Agreed.

Jumping to conclusions is a human pasttime.

Agreed as well..

You have come to a specific conclusion about me based on my usage of one word...you're awesome !
I have never said in SF there is no higher creative mind.
I know, you would have to search a lot of posts to verify this, but I'm not a fan of lying.

Like many of us here on the forum, we can be taken out of context or misunderstood based on our written word. It happens unfortunately.. The conclusion that I jumped too about your statement was not based on just one word, it was the whole of the content in which the word was used. Many times we lay something out in words and expect that others will fill in the gaps as we meant it to say; failing to realize that we have left blind spots or made a statement that seems to say something other than we actually meant to say. Thus, your statement to me seemed to put spiritual philosophy and theology in the same context as some imaginative science fiction idea that man will achieve immortality by becoming half cyborg one day..

And naturally, honest science and theology are rooted in much more common sense and facts than science fiction or the idea that an old man in a white robe constructed life in a literal six days out of his heavenly building block set..

Of course I know now that your statement was misunderstood by me because you have expounded upon your reasoning.

I can only conjecture that you have encountered others who claim there is no higher creative mind and they also have used the word 'species', so you simply placed me in the same category as them.

You are half correct; as said above, I based my assumption of your statement on the whole of the context.. not just on one single word. At first read, your words did seem to drip with the philosophy of the new spirituality that claims to be spiritual in thought, yet disregards any concept of a higher mind in the universe. It ignores sound fact and honest scientific evidence and espouses the theories of radical pseudo sciences and individuals on a crusade to stamp out all ideas of a higher being as their foundation of truth. I sometime just shake my head when I see such non-sense being perpetuated and once in a while I just feel the need to inject rational and actual fact into the chaos of crud that tries to pass itself of as the hard cold truth- Although those who follow this new breed of spirituality will never hear you or accept what you present them with, even if it is well documented.

But again, I have better insight into your words, so I did misfire on you....oops...

Not a fan of the scientific method of observation huh?

Oh, I am very much a fan of it.. for many years now. However I am not a fan of individuals who fudge with the facts and then pass off their own pet beliefs as an honest, scientific discovery. This is no better than religion passing off a myth as Divine Truth... I sometimes wonder why some people just can't accept the truth for what it is or found out to be. Why must they doctor the facts to fit their narrow way of thinking? It is beyond me..

And I might add at the end of all this, that yes.... man is a species.