View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 03:24 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningMist
Those of my loved ones who died, despite being elderly and ill at the time, all seemed to appear to be young, fit, beautiful (to me, anyway, but I'm biased because I love them), healthy and looking just like they did in their prime.

I had an uncle I adored, who was born with cerebral palsy; he couldn't walk, talk, feed himself, dress himself or anything at all and was heavily dependant upon my grandparents for daily care.

Then I saw him in a vivid dream about a year after he died and exclaimed, "Uncle Billy! You're alive! You can talk and walk!" to which he replied, with so much love in his words, "Of course, my dear. There are no infirmities or illnesses where I am now."

He, too, looked young and so beautiful to me, vital and healthy, as he would have looked when he was perhaps in his 20's, though he died in his 40's.

Interesting subject though :)

MorningMist

nice account - thanks

Such details are typical of many reports of loved ones looking young, fit and well.

Along with the comfort that the message of survival can bring to the bereaved it's a liberating thought that their loved ones will also be free of any ailments they suffered during their physical lives.

And maybe a comfort for those who are infirm and approaching the end of their physical lives.