View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 10:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Shivani...this is very interesting, what you say about the disassociation of emotions...and my heart goes out to you.

It seems to me many experience a similar thing with PTSD and similar situations of pervasive abuse and/or deep trauma. Have you heard about that? Many describe feeling unhinged mentally whilst "feeling blind", i.e., not feeling anything and essentially being blind, deaf, and mute emotionally -- suddenly and with no warning. Perhaps for months and even years.

Trying to re-learn how to navigate their humanity with a cracked heart vessel that often cannot even hold their emotions without disassociation and shutting itself down.

I feel that so much more needs to be done here, for so much of humanity.

Peace & blessings
7L
Thank you and I totally agree that more needs to be done.

I had a look at the statistics on this before and it affects about 10% of the population and is very prevalent in women who had a father with narcissistic personality disorder and a mother with borderline personality disorder and was physically/sexually abused as a child and totally neglected...yep, pretty much describes me to a tee.

I have been diagnosed with CPTSD already:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comple...tress_disorder

It leads to what you have described and it's called somatization disorder...and I suffer terribly with it. Add this to the fact I am also on the autism spectrum and it complicates issues.

I call it 'emotional numbness' but 'emotional blindness' fits...in that I know I should be feeling something in a certain situation, because I see others experiencing stuff...but it just ain't there.

There is an upside though and it's a lifeline for me...in that my 'cracked heart vessel' can feel amazing love for the Divine without shutting everything down...unless of course when everything shuts down and I go into bliss instead of pain...but that doesn't happen very often..

Meanwhile, I have just been put on Cymbalta (duloxetine) and I have to see my neuropsychiatrist once a month now - instead of four times a year....because regulating body temperature, breathing, blood pressure, heartbeat etc is getting hard now as my whole sympathetic nervous system has basically shut down.