View Single Post
Old 19-01-2018, 07:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird21
I know there are peeps here who can honestly speak to this. And I am curious. I have experienced non-dual awareness, though I am no longer there. I had trouble adjusting to relating to "others" as I was seeing that there is, essentially, no separation between self and other (or everything in existence for that matter...).

So, in a world where most everybody around you is experiencing dualistic perception, how do you live immersed in non-dual awareness?

In other words, how do you recognize the Oneness while simultaneously holding the view and respecting relative individuality?

Thank you!

you want to eat your cake and have it too eh.

I think what I said above will help you see the problem in what you are seeking. However I'll elaborate.

If you want to live in a way that nobody else does, separate yourself from everybody else. If you want to be around other people, you'll need to live like they do, or learn to accept their ways of life as equally awesome as the one you choose.

living like an acetic or with a highly spiritual mind is for our personal benefit. it's not meant to be a way for us to elevate ourselves above our peers. However seeking elevation is one of the main reasons people seek spirituality.

maybe there is no separation between self and other on the highest spiritual level. but you, the ego, are not there. and you never will be (not trying to be harsh, just saying that the aspect of yourself which is not differentiated is already at that level so there is nothing to reach for, and your ego (which you think needs to be elevated to that level) can never be elevated to that level. so you are essentially are chasing the impossible. so whats the point of hating yourself and seeking to eliminate yourself? theres none really. once you (ego) are gone, there is nothing.

Seems to me, rather than wanting yourself to be gone (the ego) you just want to eliminate that part of you which cannot stand to be you. This is done most often through therapy, but sometimes through spiritual practice.

also. I don't really care to experience non-dual awareness or whatever. What I have now is pretty darn amazing. I am my ego, and my higher self is my higher self. my higher self can do whatever the heck it wants to do, me as my ego is going to do whatever I want to do. ya feel me? Me as my ego is not gonna seek to be my higher self. that position is already taken. I'm here to enjoy being my ego, and thats exactly what I do.

cheers bud.