View Single Post
Old 26-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Mathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalancediscoverer
this is a great topic. I once battled with my ego, because I didn't like myself. Now I have decided to accept the good and bad of this so called ego, and be who I am, to whatsoever with the rest of the world. It feels great being who you are. I think ego has most to do with pride, the way you mentioned it. Getting all big headed because you gained a little bit of info that is written here and there. But "ego" doesn't necessarily mean bad. It can be a great tool to use when you are still an armature in spiritual development. If gotten to know this so called "ego" correctly with spiritual awareness you can start to love yourself unconditionally.

Absolutely Avalancediscoverer.....so you’re a neg/pos ego believer as well, the ego is a great tool to use in the right context. Not many people believe in this aspect of the neg/pos ego, it would help them immensely if they did but we all have our own path to tread.

Example pos ego: I'm very good friends with a yogi teacher who was treated unkindly by her ex-husband, yogi gave her, even when her husband was still alive, her ego back but being yogi it was the more positive ego. She's quite egotistical about her yogi as it's the all & be all but it gave her back what she once lost through marriage, absolutely nothing wrong with that. You could imagine we have some quite in-depth discussions especially on the science & philosophy of yogi.

I think this is something all of us need to be aware of; we need to ground ourselves so we don't become too much above ourselves which isn't easy a times, I’m no different to anybody else maybe that’s why I know this so well!!!

Love
Mathew