View Single Post
Old 11-12-2016, 08:23 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
I've heard this sort of thing being batted around over the years so I've been been watching out of the corner of my eye to see if this is a workable theory.

If something requires unquestionable belief in order for it to be actuated then if I were to turn something on, fully expecting it to run, then it should operate even though it wasn't plugged in. In each case I didn't know that it wasn't plugged in so my expectations were fully engaged in it's running. I still had to plug it in before it operated.

Which suggests that there is a set of conditions that supersede my full belief in how a thing should be at any given time that's independent of my conceptual assertions.

its all about probabilities and information.
for instance, lets imagine that were doing a test of this concept, i put a tv in a room and i unplug it, i then obstruct the view of the wire so that you can not see weather its plugged in or not, i then bring you into the room and tell you to turn on the tv. would do you think would happen?
of course the tv will not turn on, how ever, if what i talked about was true then the tv would turn on if you didnt know it was not plugged in right? ..wrong..
see, im the one who unplugged it, i remember when i unpluged it, thus, the matter/energy that makes up the tv and your reality use the information that i hold, see, i would always know that i unplugged it so the reality will also know that the tv is unplugged.
so, so with reality knowing the tv is unplugged, what would be more likely to happen when you try to turn it on? it wont turn on because the probability of it turning on almost comes to 0%.
there is how ever, a slim chance that your belief will over ride my belief thus, we get a unexplained event, but the odds of that is 1 in trillions and will probally never happen in our lifetime.

i cant help but to wonder what if the person who unplugs the tv dies before the other person enters the room and tries to turn on the tv?
maybe the dead persons mind stops effecting this reality once it passes on, thus, allowing the other persons belief to take control of the reality. no clue how this could be tested though so i guess we will never know lol.