View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 02:19 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchiexx
-pretend your at a race track, watching horses race.
if you can convince your mind beyond any doubt that your favorite horse wins the race, then the waves that create your reality will also be tricked, they do not have any type of desire of there own or any free will, they simply react with the available information they have to go on. if the information suggest that your favorite wins, then the reality you experience will be where your horse wins.
you may even be able to make yourself believe that your horse has already won, this can also cause the waves to form the reality that matches the reality that you are perceiving.
I've heard this sort of thing being batted around over the years so I've been been watching out of the corner of my eye to see if this is a workable theory.

If something requires unquestionable belief in order for it to be actuated then if I were to turn something on, fully expecting it to run, then it should operate even though it wasn't plugged in. In each case I didn't know that it wasn't plugged in so my expectations were fully engaged in it's running. I still had to plug it in before it operated.

Which suggests that there is a set of conditions that supersede my full belief in how a thing should be at any given time that's independent of my conceptual assertions.