View Single Post
Old 26-11-2010, 03:37 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by paper100
Hi all

I would like to ask what may seem to be a rather simple question.

From some of the Near Death Experiences I have read, it seems that some people were well and truly dead for a few days, yet they returned to life. If they can return to life, and if it is true that spirit gives lifeless matter life, why cant we see many people coming back to life after they had died?

It's my understanding that we leave this life when we are done with what we came here to accomplish... not a moment before and not a moment after! If people experience NDE's and come back to life, it's because that experience (the NDE) was part of what they were supposed to experience in order to learn and grow, but because it was not yet their time to leave this world to take up residency in the spiritual realms until and unless they chose reincarnation and enter in again, they were returned to the earthly body they inhabited here until it IS their time to leave. The spirit animates the flesh, not visa/versa, so re-entry of the spirit into the body vehicle brings it back to life. I personally have never heard of anyone being clinically dead for days and coming back. My good friend Dannion Brinkley was pronounced dead for some 35 minutes before he was sent back and slam-dunked into his body again, but even that length of time is considered miraculous, because normally there will be brain damage when the brain goes without oxygen for that length of time. I know of no one who has ever come back to life from a body that had actually expired (remember there are some conditions that mimic death and which require a high state of medical expertise/technology to recognize!) and remained in that state of death for days. Where are you getting your facts on that? I assume this is documented.