View Single Post
Old 31-07-2016, 12:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan
Quite so, Blue Tiger. I had a similar experience. The reductio ad absurdam standpoint argued by 7Luminaries is taking extreme examples, which I was not intending when I made my point. I cannot see why so many of us end up in families where we encounter varying degrees of emotional and/or physical damage, unless there are perhaps spiritual learning opportunities embedded in these.

First, no offense was intended to anyone personally...nor was I directing my response to anyone's personal situation.

This thread was about suicide terrorists, and so my examples of those perpetrating genocide or terror were directly in line with that.

Secondly, to your point, yes, many of us have experienced abuse, neglect, rape, and trauma in our lives. If not genocide or terrorism, though some have indeed experienced that as well.

And of course there are indeed spiritual learning opportunities, regardless whether we experience lovingkindness or brutality.

But IMO this very real fact has nothing to do with any intentional agreement to either perpetrate or experience harm...neither on the individual level, nor on the societal level.

And I feel very strongly that darkness cannot conquer (or heal) darkness...only light can do that. Hatred cannot conquer (or heal) hatred...only love can do that.

Peace & blessings all
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke