View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 07:04 AM
Master
Discrimination, discernment (and also 'splitting philosophical hairs') all arises from the difference...the difference of indifference. What makes everything, even 'non duality' or Lord Shiva or Brahman seem 'different' to us? even though the whole essence, the whole of Consciousness is basically "one" but for the drop to 'become the ocean' it must realise that it was once a 'drop' or else it would have always been 'the ocean' irrespective of 'droplet status' and for Purusha to become Prakriti, it must still 'exist' as Purusha because there is nothing which, by any nature, 'cannot exist' or be 'non-existent' because it seems is was this total void, this absence of anything we can even 'think of' as 'Consciousness' or 'Shiva' which created all matter in existence.

It also seems that I have had a very rich and colourful experience of the whole religion of Hinduism and the customs, lifestyle and the whole "Sanatan Dharma" tradition, not only in this lifetime, but over many of them and whenever I want to, I can just 'pick a scene' that relates or corresponds and right now, I am thinking of the Shiva Tandava Stotram and the composer OF it - Ravana (before he became an 'evil with power crazy dude' and had to be 'put out of his misery for his OWN good')...well, Lord Shiva gave Ravana MANY boons and one of them was massive, Herculean strength (like his brother, Kumbhkarna)...so, one day, Ravana decided to test this to the limit and try to lift up Mt. Kailash while Shiva and Shakti were sitting on it...he succeeded, until Lord Shiva did His 'Tandava dance' assumed massive immeasurable proportions and weight and then buried Ravana under half a mountain of snow and ice (but didn't kill him) and of course, Ravana saw the joke, the lesson of humility, tears came as He surrendered to Shiva on the spot and spoke the most grammatical and syntactical algebraic poem to Lord Shiva ever - the Shiva Tandava Stotram (and I cannot get past the 6th verse of it STILL - or I will forget the first verse). lol