View Single Post
Old 22-08-2017, 06:41 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clio_86
I understand what you are saying... I meant "twiddling my thumbs" as an expression of my daily routines. I am taking lots of actions and great things happen to me all the time. I have two weeks before I start my phd and I dont really believe in the law of attraction. I just work hard and think positive and good things come my way. If any "partnerships" are coming my way, they would be based off of my past graduate work, which I already am working with two new professors this year. So I can twiddle my thumbs all I want because my life is about to go from relaxing to long and hard days of studying.

I do get what you mean, as in if someone is hoping for a romantic partnership, well you aren't going to meet anyone if you literally are sitting on your couch every day of the week twiddling your thumbs. :p But your post is a bit preachy and kind of annoying.

I cannot emphasize this enough... I am truly sorry if I came off as preachy and annoying, I promise you that was not my intent. I never wish to be one to spread any sort of negative energy online, though I have failed at that in the past many times before. And I'm sorry.

It just happens to be sorta commonplace online in many spiritual communities where people try to think, feel, believe, pray, and hope their way into real-world change, without ever really doing something about it. I've talked to several people over this issue, mostly because I'm one of the biggest offenders of this. I'm a Pisces, so I have a very strong tendency to sit and dream big about things without ever taking action to make these dreams a reality. I've wasted many many years of my life praying and wishing and dreaming for change but in the end I've always just been a dreamer. Nothing more. It's only been recently however that I finally got fed up enough to start to take action, and my life has finally started down a path of fulfilling these dreams. That's why when I see people in the same place I've been, I try to emphasize taking action as much as I can. Not as a means of condescendingly preaching at them, but (hopefully) in trying to inspire them that it can happen for them as well.

Obviously you're not one of those people and to be aiming at your doctorate you're definitely nothing like me. I'm 24 and have yet to go to college. I'm actually just now in the process of searching out financial aid options for going back to school.

So please understand that all I had to go on were a few short sentences and my own memories and past experiences, which is no way to truly tell where someone is in their spiritual walk. I'll be more careful not to make too many assumptions in the future, I promise!