View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 11:58 AM
Pathfinder

I feel that meditation can potentially make us feel removed from our daily life depending on how and when we mediate and what we are doing about our daily, earthly life. Meditation can't usually solve our earthly problems although it can bring insight which we can then use in our daily life. If we have anxiety and we mediate on our 3rd eye or crown chakras this may temporarily draw energy away from our anxiety (usually felt in our stomach area) but this is not a solution.

It may be more useful to meditate on your hara and actually connect more with your anxiety with the aim it telling you more about what is going on there. We can use Meditation to simply be more of what we intrinsically are, rather than use it to "go somewhere else", somewhere more "spiritual". You can even imagine that there is a small child curled up in your hara, an anxious child, and you can give it attention and ask it what it needs or just be with it. I would also try to find out more about your anxiety and unhappiness outside of meditation. The most basic things we all need are food, water, shelter, love and connection, and creativity. Try to find out what is getting in the way of you attaining these things. Usually it's an experience from childhood that has caused us to believe that we don't deserve it.