View Single Post
Old 13-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliness
Devotion isn't the only means, ethics is important as well. As I understand it, our karmas are the result of our vasanas. These are what drive us to have more experiences in samsara.

So our vasanas which create the karma to experience samsara are all of our desires which are not for moksha. Our selfish desire for ordinary worldly pleasure and the perpetuation of our separate existence continue to reinforce themselves; producing more vasanas and more karma. This means that we do not attain moksha because we don't really _want_ it. We may have some desire for release but our desire for pleasure is still so strong that it takes us away from moksha.

By devotion or meditation (or any of the 4 main yogic paths) we can get closer to moksha. But it will only happen once our vasanas to experience samsara are removed. This occurs with the extinction of selfish cravings.

Yes..Well said.Vasanas will help us to monitor only kriyaman karma. Correct me if i am wrong.
But if the result of sanchit and prarabdha karmas (which is not in our control) is trying to take away from our real goal (i.e.attaining moksha), how do we balance ourselves?