View Single Post
Old 21-11-2018, 11:53 PM
Master
Why does anything exist?

God exists as a concept either within or created by our own minds to try and make sense of the senseless or to personify the unimaginable, intangible abstraction of a supreme, unlimited intelligence characteristic of an omniscient consciousness.

Each person will have their own idea as to what God means to them, based solely upon cognitive dissonance, cultural upbringing and personal experience and they will say "this is what God is" but any concept, any idea or notion can only represent what God is and therefore becomes a manifestation of the sublime energy of God and not God in total, as it is beyond the function of the human brain to even conceive of such a thing.

To speak in simplified, general terms, God exists to make people aware that there is much more to existence than what we can normally think, feel or perceive through our limited, imperfect senses and then to take that as being "all there is" and apply rationalist methodology to explain or describe the form and function of the universe and from whence it originated.

God exists to teach us how to love on an inclusive, holistic level, or as a bridge that links the heart to a transcendent paradigm and way of seeing oneself in relation to the universe, or as an intermediate doorway through which what cannot be known, can be personally experienced, in whatever way the experience unfolds, giving the individual something that is "greater than oneself" (ego self) to actually surrender to in the name and intention of that love, so that a greater awareness can be attained.