View Single Post
Old 29-08-2012, 04:56 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I have to tell you, this is something I never knew or understood, that professional massagers know how to help your body heal when you get injuries. I always just thought it was for relaxing and feeling good. I hurt my let knee about a month ago and told her about it, and she was able to bend my knee and massage it while in the bent position 2 or 3X (sessions) and each time, my knee would feel better each time. Now, the pain is almost 100% gone.

Oh Silvergirl, your post brought up a "soar spot" for me... mainly that I can't find a good massage therapist!! Let me back up and explain that my dear friends owned a school of massage and they were the masters!! I got fabulous massages from them, and since she retired and he crossed into spirit I have searched in vain for someone equally good. It's been one fruitless try after another. My friends were, in addition to excellent trained massage therapists, polarity workers, cranio-sacral practitioners also Reiki Teaching Masters, so their hour and a half long massage packed a wallop of various healing modalities in ADDITION the the soothing and incredibly rejuvenating Swedish massage. [I find many if not most massage therapists today employ the methods of sports massage, which is not the same. I am still hoping against hope that I will find a truly good one, but I'm starting to think there may not be one out there :(((