View Single Post
Old 13-02-2019, 03:56 PM
Lepus

Hello

There's a team going around putting fences around open areas near the village to prevent the bears from reaching close to homes and buildings. The locals are using their cars for transportation instead on foot. They were also given instructions on how to fend off bears when getting close to one without causing any harm. The team is looking to sedate and haul all polar bears to a different location. But the people will have to do their part by removing garbage from their town to prevent polar bears from arriving in mass numbers. Otherwise, polar bears will continue to approach their village if garbage remains on display.

I've read that the community haven't successfully scared off the polar bears by car horns, shooting in the air, or loud noises. So they will have to remain vigilant of any polar bears getting close to their homes. But I feel that they will have to resort on shooting some of the polar bears. Trying to relocate all 50+ will take some time. And the people living there will not have the patience and time to wait for authorities to remove all 50+ polar bears. Especially if the bears continue to chase and attack people. However, they are aware of living on their land and polar bears are classified as endangered animals. This might refrain the locals from shooting them. But we will see.

@Sapphirez
I won't deny that there are good people out there helping animals, but the problem animals face today comes from humans. And the more human population increases the more resources and space humans will take from this planet causing the animals to have less food and habitat to live in. What we can do is for each of us to do our part by spreading awareness and actively help the natural environment through recycling, planting, using less plastic, and so on. Join a community that protects certain species of animals. Start petitions for others to join and sign to prevent habitat destruction. Donate towards different programs that help and rescue animals from extinction. Because the government will certainly not help protect and preserve this planet. I don't want to get into conspiracy but many are blaming the government for poisoning the crops; the air we breathe in, and the waters we drink. Many insects are on decline because of this. And I agree build a garden for insects and wild animals.

The pyramid sounds interesting. I'lll have to check that out. However, carnivores are needed to balance out the number of herbivores out in the wild. But I have seen cats and dogs eat only veggies. Thanks for sharing!

Lepus

Last edited by Lepus : 13-02-2019 at 06:31 PM.