View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 03:25 PM
Master

Yeah I talk to a lot of people suffering from trauma and the general consensus is that CBT can be helpful at the beginning but it's not a long term solution. People with lots of past trauma mainly seem to experience change from the therapies like the ones mentioned in Kolk's book. I've suffered all my life and now I'm starting to get better. EMDR, SE, & IFS are a miracle to me and are low cost. They may not be labeled spiritual but I think they are very much so.

When it comes to trauma which has historically not been very well understood, it's best to follow advice of professionals and scientist types who are on the cutting edge. Once their discoveries are spread to the public because of their effectiveness, everyone will be basing their methods on it. These concepts like IFS are miraculous imo and have the potential to be world chaning, which is not an exagerration. I've always sensed that true change will come through scientific research. And in my world view, there is no separation between the physical and spiritual, it's ALL spiritual, especially the brain.

Last edited by Seawolf : 04-02-2018 at 04:57 PM.