View Single Post
Old 23-01-2018, 07:14 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrycia-Rose
Thank you, Seawolf. I’ve had a brief look at IFS therapy but I’m not sure that would be for me.

The Pete Walker book has got a lot of positive reviews and that forum looks especially interesting so I will have a look at that at the weekend.
I haven’t really had any significant validation from anyone. Once the trauma was over, I just wanted to get on with my life but my body had other ideas. Yes, it is tough to have tried so many therapies with absolutely no difference whatsoever; to keep a level of hope and optimism that this ‘may be the one’ and it’s not, is almost traumatising in itself and fosters a lot of frustration. It’s difficult to know what to try next, so I guess reading about it and trying some inner child work will at least have the novelty of not having tried before.

Patrycia
Yes I would think it would be traumatizing. That happens to me easily with dissapointment and I have to try to protect myself by finding healing methods supported by research. Also it's important to know exactly what the problem is because then I can find the appropriate treatment for it. For example I used to think I had ADHD, but I got nowhere trying to treat that because it was an incorrect diagnosis. Until now there's been little info about CPTSD, yet it's such a major issue in so many peole's lives. They tried to diagnose people as BPD, Bipolar, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, ADD, etc but those were just the symtoms of prolonged trauma. Finally this is going to get in the next DSM and we'll see alot of changes, people getting help for the real issue. For example I met someone who didn't have much hope for staying alive because of heroin addiction and repeated suicide attempts, but his life was turned around when he was unofficially diagnosed with CPTSD and was treated with EMDR and Neurofeedback.

Last edited by Seawolf : 23-01-2018 at 09:09 PM.