View Single Post
Old 24-04-2017, 09:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMVS7
According to God, I, as a kind and respectful human being, am a corrupt individual worthy of condemnation since I do not believe in this God and do not serve my life to him.
No. Not according to God. According to the patriarchs who created that particular bit of belief doctrine. Two entirely different things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMVS7
Therefore, for Christians to believe God exists does not justify his moral standard as being perfectly righteous. His moral standard could very well be one of a psychopath and this is what I am thinking here.
What does it matter what others believe? You essentially have two choices in life: Follow your own beliefs, live life for yourself, be positive and appreciative, and discover your happiness and joy that way. Or spend your time on earth being pessimistic and miserable, and condemning what others do and think, all while adding to the negativity and pain that so many others in the world are also busy creating.

As for your question: Obviously a rhetorical question as it's clear you already know the answer. So now get on with being a Humanist, and with adding to the world in positive, uplifting ways. Because seriously... equating God to a psychopath while invoking images of Hitler? All you're doing with extreme comments of that sort is condemning Christians in the very same way you accuse their God of condemning. The simple truth is if you spend your time dwelling on the ugly and negative, that's exactly what you'll create around you and in your life.