View Single Post
Old 18-01-2018, 09:08 PM
Master
Starnight -- wow...agreed full stop. Beautiful response.

I feel these archetypes have been manipulated out of fear, over the ages. Eve too was tarred and feathered in many interpretations. And we were all diminished as a result. Men and women. These archetypes, particularly of Lillith and Eve, are lacking and have not served us well IMO, but they show us where we've been. Adam is always seen as less culpable, because he trusted her and she manipulated him. So Lillith is a shrew but Eve is a conniving wench, whilst Adam's lesson is women are morally and ethically bankrupt. Don't trust women or you are a fool.

Rather than Lillith is spiritually evolved woman -- already self-aware -- whilst Eve was doing her bit (self-awareness) to get herself and Adam there. And that it was a beautiful thing that Adam trusted Eve, but not that he failed to take ownership of his own decision to take a bite. LOL!

And what you said about Azrael is beautiful. Agreed.
Spot on. Any other thoughts on Azrael?

Why do so many associate him with great evil? Who else does evil to humankind but humankind? Only humankind. This initial association with sin or evil in choosing knowledge (self-awareness) and the responsibility of free will is one I don't get. That is such a beautiful thing. More progressive interpretations in Judaism do see this as the first step on humankind's journey without any pejorative or negative association. More just out of spiritual womb into our spiritual infancy.

((( )))

I wonder if any others have comments on these midrash or legends?
I have often thought of posting some as I feel the whole creation story is often misinterpreted in many traditions with an element of blame and shame.

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke