View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 11:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickSM11
How bad do you really think this could be? Do you think I could be exaggerating the effects? It doesn't seem to bother my co-workers.
Hi Nick. Not to alarm you, just sharing a story... My mother's husband worked in the printing business all his life, four decades of working with inks and solvents. He hit his 60s and started to lose his memory, which after a few years turned into dementia. He kind of withered away and then died. Is it all related? My mother believed it was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickSM11
It's causing me to worry so much. I would like to leave my job, but since I have social anxiety, I have self-doubt about me being able to hold a job anywhere else.
I feel for you, I experienced stress depression and social anxiety for a decade, it ended my career in fact. I was lucky in that I didn't have to work during that time (disability benefits), which would have been impossible for me. Best advice: seek counselling, let someone help you get to a place where you can start to see light in the darkness. All the best.