Thread: Tuff one
View Single Post
Old 15-08-2018, 09:52 AM
Master
it is often difficult to intuitively seek answers when you are rocked off balance by disturbing events. But as time goes on your intuition will return and in my opinion that may be your best guide in the situation which you have described.

Will your marriage survive or not is secondary, while primary is how will you survive. Regardless whether you stay married or not, you may have a rocky road ahead. Your intimate trust has been betrayed and you are trying to decide can you regain that trust. If he first says that he is sorry and then later denies that it even happened; that is a red flag for concern. Why would he apologize in the first place if it never happened?

I think, from what little you have shared, you want to save your marriage. But whether or not you are fated to stay married or not is not something I can answer. Your relationship with your husband has been altered; is that alteration repairable. Without being overly suspicious, or totally blind, you will eventually know intuitively. At this point, until you have a firm answer, try to be open to your situation going either way. Some marriages do survive infidelity and some do not.

Be gentle with yourself and take care of you; this is important.