View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 10:36 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
This is a priceless example of how the idea of "awakening" can be (to me) overhyped (along with the word "enlightenment"). I've never believed there can be just one awakening (or enlightenment) unless the person thereafter shuts themself away from further interaction with anything - or simply refuses to acknowledge any further experience of anything. And that's hardly awoken! We experience life until the moment it ceases. Our awareness and consciousness are being broadened continually. It's a continuous process to me that can come in fits and starts. "Suddenly one awakens to..." sort of thing. Even the person suddenly hit by gnosis doesn't stop there: it can be overwhelming but things are seen in a new light so to speak.

I still believe this vacillation (between self-sufficiency and a loneliness after losing a companion of whatever sort) has to be pulled out of the shadow into the light and looked at. Maybe developing a little more assertiveness is the answer...I don't know. It seems perfectly natural to want companionship of some kind, maybe several kinds, unless one can be totally self-sufficient (which I'm not).

It is perfectly natural to want companionship of some kind, but not from an energy of "get me out of my loneliness and lack".

We need to be living a happy life and seek companionship from a positive energy. That's what I am learning. Otherwise we keep attracting abusive people.