Thread: Can't let go
View Single Post
Old 27-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Racer X

Quote:
Originally Posted by windwhistle
When one of my children is struggling I worry. I can't let go. I know I'm not in the Tao but I can't seem to let go and let them work things out on their own. They are 18 and 20 for gosh sakes.

I know I can only change myself. I can't tell the magic words to make them happy...but I persist in this illusion and I end up miserable. I have a hard time being balanced, calm and happy when my family members aren't. I get my feelings hurt; I get angry. Perhaps Tao is too far from my personality to experience.

Tao is wonderful as a philosophical ideal but how does one become it? How do you just be Tao if you are a regular human being? It's frustrating for me to hear the lofty wisdom of Taoists who seem to have it all together while I can barely even meditate.

If there Is such a thing as reincarnation and 'Old Souls' I'm definitely a 'Young Soul' - maybe only 6 years old.

This will take some effort and time.....a certain persistence and you will get through it.

"The Secret Of Letting Go by Guy Finley" will help you tap into your own inner strength.

The Tao is not distant at all, we simply make it so by all the beliefs we accept without discernment throughout life. So seek not the Tao! Seek instead to remove the false beliefs and the Tao will find YOU~

Make the commitment to SELF "I WILL GET THROUGH THIS, I WILL DO WHAT I MUST TO BREAK FREE"

Then begin practicing what is taught in that book. Along with a simple practice of meditation; stop thinking. Try to stop thinking as often as you can throughout each day. "One Minute Mind breaks" .........before your mind breaks! This will create SPACE for The Tao to return to your own conscious Awareness. Then Let IT guide YOU.