View Single Post
Old 23-11-2010, 02:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilia
Can you maybe recomend some D&B? I love Prodigy but also love Metallica (And Justice) Tool (10000 Days), Monster Magnet (saw them saturday.. love the 3 albums before Megalithic Baby), Sepultura (Arise).... I have a feeling I would like D&B if only I could find some that actually has some real drums and some base... not high pitched fast winy stuff!

I most certainly can *rubs hands together*

You may not like some of these, but here are some to check out or whatever on youtube, go from there.

I like the early Roni Size (not for everyone maybe) especially the album 'In the Mode' though i heard 'Reprazent' first and really liked it, was given it by highschool friend (another highschool friend gave me DJ Shadow's 'Endtroducing' cause he didn't like it lol, it's not drum and bass, but i find it crazy that anyone would give that album away, this was before burnt cd's and internet downloads, anyways..)

Love London Elektricity, at least there 'Power Ballads' album quite a bit. Andy C - Nightlife series, apparently #2 is really good, i got 5 the other day and really love it, some of it isn't too special but there's like close to 40 songs and 2 continuous mixes if you get it from itunes, the longer continous mix is phenomenal.

For bit heavier darker stuff; Noisia. Dirty and Grimy, pretty bangin.

Not crazy about the new pendulum, actually don't like it besides one track or so, and get sick of it easily. It's on the emo rock side, not my style but like a track or two from it, if you are into pendulum, probably 'Hold Your Colour' their first one is the way to go. Maybe i am being snobbish though, haven't listened to it much, besides a couple tracks. not hating on anyone or anything lol

the Freestylers did Fabric Live 19 i believe it was, and my friend and i have listened to that one into the ground verrry good. There other stuff i find little too on the pop side. High Contrast is hit or miss for me, but has some really good material also in my opinion.

Sub Focus, prefer his older stuff. Culture Shock is one that ive come across lately with some really deadly material, highly recommended.

You may have heard of lot's of these, im not that well versed in the genre, so i'm still discovering stuff, ones i've mentioned are pretty mainstream.

DJ Craze maybe.. great DJ the album i have of his is alright i guess,

Commix you might like. Actually, 'Return to V' is any Roni Size album that went through the listening rotation for awhile.

Sometimes i will love some stuff by a producer but absolutely hate other stuff. My friend played me an Andy C mix, and i found it annoying and couldn't stand it, but the CD i have is some of the best i've heard in awhile.

Black Sun Empire, Evol Intent, Dieselboy,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB4jvQsv6oM (culture shock track that i love)

Oooh oh ya, The Qemists 'Join the Q' is pretty good, it has a track with Mike Patton (from 'Faith No More') that i like a lot.

Kamo and Crooked, few of their tracks i've heard and liked.. Hive is good group. Ed Rush and Optical also.

All i can think of lol hope this points you in some promising directions.

P.E.A.C.E. ~

Last edited by Deusdrum : 23-11-2010 at 11:18 AM.