View Single Post
Old 26-08-2011, 03:12 AM
Dawn

Dream Angel, good point. (heh and thanks. Sometimes I need reminding about stuff like this. Kinda like a 'duh' moment.)
But what I don't get is when I had a small piece of selenite some years back. From the first minute she got here, it was a consistent feeling of 'put me in water put me in water put me in water'. I didn't think of looking up the information at the time, but after a couple hours I started noticing the selenite was getting smaller. I was like 'eek! Oh no!!' I took her out of the water, intent on keeping this piece of selenite, but that feeling continued. She HAD to be in that glass of water. That's exactally what she wanted. She didn't want to be in that form any more (no matter how much I wanted to keep that piece of selenite).
But yeah, good point. All in all it boils down to "follow what you feel". And being a stone or crystal talker, you just have to listen to what you're told. The ones in your care are telling you what they want.

Kristin, Justreal, thank you for your recommendations.

Still though, it does make me wonder why other places have written 'do not cleanse hematite in water'. They go so far as to say that much, but don't say a word as to WHY. Very odd.

EDIT -
AH-HA!!! Found out why from http://www.sunnyray.org/Hematite-stones.htm !
"Pat says: When cleaning and charging hematite, why should we avoid water? Will it harm the stone or the wearer?
sunny says: No, not the wearer, it could affect the stone. As an iron based stone, it's better to avoid contact with water. Mineralologically, when put in contact with water, hematite forms a sort of interface - a very thin water layer at its surface. So, it won't really harm the stone, but probably it is not a good idea to clean it with water too often."