View Single Post
Old 26-08-2011, 02:38 AM
Dawn

Hematite shouldn't be cleansed with water?

EDIT - I found the answer to this question! No one else needs to reply to this thread now. But thanks for looking!

Why?

I've been doing a bit of hunting around and keep seeing, basically, 'hematite should not be cleansed using water'.
I have a single point hematite pendant (not magnetic), and earlier today (not for the first time since I got her) she kept nudging me to put her in running water. (When I first got her that's one of the first things she kept telling me. I gave her a day outside in the soil, which she wasn't overly fond of, but then let her spend a day and a half under a slowly dripping faucet with cold water which she enjoyed and let me know it.) Whether that was at the sink faucet or let the shower run for a few short minutes with her directly in the stream. (Actually caught her giggling and laughing when I left the shower running for a couple minutes with her tied to the shower head, cold water running this afternoon.)

So, my question is, why not bathe hematite in water to cleanse it? Does the stone give off some super funky fumes? Does it dissolve in water?