View Single Post
Old 15-07-2013, 05:31 PM
Spectrum

Question How do I make peace with being single?

Hi.

I am a 28-year-old man who am having trouble with girls. I have been attempting to find a relationship (or just sex, for that matter) for a good while, with little success.

I know that one of the most important factors that keep me from getting the girl(s) I want is the fact that I want it so much. I hate being single. I am desperate, and that scares people away. In "Law of Attraction" terms, I am "out of vibrational alignment" with the relationship I want.

Countless times this last year I have told myself that I want to come to terms with being single and learn to accept and appreciate my situation as it is. But I have not made any progress in that area. I have read many books, taken up a meditation practice and even taken a longer break from pursuing girls at all, in an effort to learn to accept my situation. To no avail. I still resent the **** out of it.

I have tried to focus on the good aspects of being single and enjoy those, but I simply can't find any. (People come up with all sorts of examples of how being in a relationship can be bad, but none of them match my experience. The arguments may be very true, but I cannot relate to them, so they have zero emotional power with me. In my experience, having a girlfriend is better than being single in every imaginable way.)

Can anyone give some advice? What can I do to learn to accept and appreciate being single?

Important note: I am not asking for dating advice. Please do not give me dating advice. Please do not tell me "just be yourself", "the right one is out there", "just have fun", etc. I have heard it all before, and it just makes me feel worse. This thread is not about how to attract women. This thread is about learning to accept the situation of being alone.

Thanks in advance. :)