View Single Post
Old 20-09-2017, 03:10 PM
Deactivated Account
Was this supposed to be a sign?

I'm not sure if it was a mere coincidence or something meaningful, as my sceptical side constantly clashes with my superstitious side.

So to move on, yesterday evening I was out to the pub alone after the people I was on good terms with left. I was on some table watching boringly how people were dancing to some music that wasn't my taste when all of a sudden the DJ randomly plays a song (Token of Time) from my favorite band Ensiferum as if it was dedicated to me while he doesn't know me, and suddenly most people stopped dancing while I seemed to be the only one amused. But what surprised me, the song the DJ picked was not one of their common overhyped songs about Norse gods, viking battles, and tough stuff like that, but a more underrated song with an inspiring and uplifting kind of message that I wasn't even aware of until I looked it up at home later. Especially some parts of the lyrics seemed to perfectly apply to me, such as:

I set sails for the ageless winds
No fear of dying or a thought of surrender
I threaten every barrier on my way
I am bound forever with token of time
Among the humble people
Everything is torn apart
But I'm blessed with faith
And bravely I shall go on

Because I constantly have tons of obstacles harassing me, a fear of death, and a sense of doom and hopelessness. It almost seems too good to be just a mere coincidence, but I have no idea since I'm not an expert in this kind of thing. Maybe it was really a sign, or maybe not and I'm just mentally living in some pathetic fantasy story. On the other hand, if it was a sign then who/what could be the puppet master behind it? I'll leave it at that so what do you guys think about it?