Thread: Am I gifted?
View Single Post
Old 20-01-2018, 05:37 AM
Newbie ;)

Am I gifted?

My name is Jobe, I’m a 22 year old man and I strongly believe I am spiritually gifted. The problem is that I don’t have anyone I can talk to about it apart from my mother who is also spiritually inclined.

I’m going to write a few stories as short as possible and would love to hear your comments and opinions, maybe answer a few questions I have?

1. Grandfather and Mother. The following story happened when I was a toddler but has only been brought to the surface recently. Since I was very very young, I always had the same dream regularly (which today I believe we’re out of body experiences) where I would glide from my bedroom to the top of the stairs in our house. I would put my hand on the railing and pull myself down the stairs smoothly, like I was flying. To this day I remember doing that so clearly... anyway, one time I did it, I got to the bottom of the stairs and entered the lounge to find my mother sitting on the sofa with her head tilted back and eyes closed. I gently approached her and kissed her softly on the cheek. I then returned to the staircase and back up to my bedroom, stopping and looking back at my mother still in the same position.

Years later when I was around the age of 10/11, I heard my mother telling my aunt a story of how she had this unusual experience years ago of being kissed on the cheek in the lounge and how she thought it was my grandfather who had passed away just days before. She explained that she felt so relaxed and couldn’t open her eyes at all. It suddenly clicked with me and I said “mom... that was me who kissed you on the cheek” and then tried to explain to her. At that time I remember she got quite sharp with me and denied that it was me.

Years went by and through all of them I was still determined it was me who kissed her. Recently, I brought it up with her after telling her about some other experiences I have had. She was listening to me because she knew I was serious, I explained how I had came down the stairs and entered the room, I told her exactly where she was sitting and how she had her head tilted back and even how the furniture was laid out. At this point she was shocked and told me I was right... but it seemed impossible because I was only 2 years old at that point.

Bear in mind my mother had a good relationship with my grandfather and it was believed he too was spiritually inclined. But how could a two year old get out of his cot, down the stairs, into the lounge, kiss his mother without her being disturbed and then go back upstairs and return to his cot?

I believe that because my grandfather had recently passed away at that point, his spirit picked me up and carried me down the stairs where we gave my mother a sign of comfort by kissing her to let her know that everything is going to be ok. Remember that she also explained to my aunt how she thought it was my grandfather who kissed her... but why do I remember that so vividly? At the age of two as well.

What are your thoughts on this and do you believe I am somewhat gifted? I have had two OBEs in the past 12 months, I am vegan and I also try to follow the Buddhist path as best I can.