View Single Post
Old 13-04-2016, 01:46 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
If you were to have done it, daily, for a month, I can see how that could be annoying. Because you would be making it a routine, and forcing yourself to do it. So there would understandably be some annoyance to it. I think the beauty that is said to be EFT, is that you don't or won't need to do it all the time. It's supposed to be effective at getting to the core issue that is at hand, and clearing it up. Fast. With maybe only a handful of return attempts with it to clear up residual lingering things.

The only thing with EFT is that you have to really know what you are working with, so you can get it all. A fear or phobia may seem straight forward at first glance, but truthfully there is a lot going on during an episode that one needs to work on all of it, to help get the best result from using EFT... Or so they say. I have used it a few times, and it has helped cut down on an anxiety attack that was happening, I have not used it to completely get rid of something. Not yet anyways.

Totally agree!

That is the difference between doing EFT and doing affirmations, affirmations need to be drilled into you daily to make them work, but EFT is actually tackling the problem and doesn't require constant attention.

A practitioner ex-colleague of mine used to refer to EFT work as being like an onion, in that you have to peel away the layers to get to the core.
More often than not the core will be a childhood event/experience that has been 'forgotten' and built upon over the years.