View Single Post
Old 28-02-2018, 08:13 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realm Ki
ParanoidHippie: *following

I'm with you on this one, it's a very peculiar thing... Very little of my spiritual convictions and inner knowledge seem to match the jewish teaching, but still this inevitable pull.

I’m guessing there’s something I can learn specifically from Judaism. Even though when I take the beliefnet test I always get religions like Buddhism or Quaker. I do have some attraction to Buddhism, but not as much Judaism at the moment. What makes Judaism unique from other religions, especially Christianity? Maybe I’m just drawn towards it because it’s one of the only religions that doesn’t encourage people to convert. I have no interest in Christianity. Even the Baha’i faith which I agree with in theory, but I was never drawn to. When I got to know the community I realized that despite liking it in theory there’s a good reason I wasn’t drawn to it. A lot of people don’t follow it. With Judaism while it doesn’t seem too impressive on paper, maybe it’s better for me in practice somehow. I’ve just never explored it in real life. Kind of nervous to. I need an excuse.