View Single Post
Old 18-11-2018, 09:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnetsah
Hey all, I want to buy a smartphone - never had one before - and wondered if anyone knows any that they find are particularly low radiation? I've looked online and seen what phones have a low SAR, but also read that SAR is actually a very small contributor to the overall radiation a phone gives out. I was pretty much thinking of going into a shop and just asking to hold quite a few of the phones (a bit awkward as they're always behind a glass case) and see how I react to them, but if someone has any thoughts on phones they've found to be low radiation that would be wonderful

Thanks!
Daniel

RF radiation of handheld devices is limited by Federal law to less than half of one watt output....most are much less than that.

The thing to remember about such radiation is that it falls off as an inverse square of the distance......
In other words......holding it at 10 inches from you is not 10X less RF density.....it's 100X less.

What this means to me is I don't keep mine near my body unless I'm using it.

You can also use an ear piece with a mike that allows you to use the phone without holding it up against your head.

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!