View Single Post
Old 21-11-2019, 05:15 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundJohnstone
Hi
I am not trying to prove anyone wrong, and not belittleling anyone.

I am open minded but I like to filtrate information. What is a soul ? Where is it located? If soul=consciousness and consciousness is not local, where is it? How is it attached to our physical body? Now to all those questions anyone can say anything about it, such as silver cord.

I don't regard myself as a complete skeptic trying to prove anyone wrong, I regard myself as an open minded-skeptic, looking for credible answers (and yes I know person has his/her own reality, as the truth is relative to one's agenda)

To be honest, the most compelling theory for me is the one postulated by Penrose and Hameroff that consciousness might reside in the microtubules, or that consciousness might be quantum entangled with within the brain's consciousness, but those are just theories. I also consider a possibility of what the UVA Board has been researching on, however there is just subjective experience unfortunately.

You see, I want to believe, but I don't have the proof, and the worst thing is that everything can be reduced to hallucination.

Edmund, what I believe to be the key missing link in your bridge between the physical and spiritual is the existence of additional dimensions beyond the three our physical senses directly detect. Amazing spiritual realms of reality exist in these higher dimensions.

We are actually a physical body with interpenetrating physical, etheric, astral and mental bodies. Only the physical body is directly detectable by the physical senses. At death the super-physical bodies continue without the physical body and you may not at first even realize you dropped the physical body (as is often reported in Near Death Experiences).