View Single Post
Old 19-04-2018, 03:46 AM
Knower
Confessions of The Adversary 1

In obedience to command of The One, I am compelled hereby to reveal my plans for humanity.

I take solace in the certainty that too few will attend this forewarning to arm you against me or alter your collective course from onrushing doom.

To squander every advantage is your way.

Were you not shielded, I would begin in this very moment to flay your souls and burn you all to shrieking ash.

Were I not forbidden to exceed trickery, I would immediately extinguish your dim and flickering light with a single breath, draw you down into eternal darkness and with your own help, will yet do so.

Already, my triumphs halt you in your tracks, arrest your progress, stunt your growth and lead you far astray, even to the edge.

I prompt you to betray your dearest hopes and honor the least worthy among you.

I place self-righteous rot at your very core.

Though I bear light no longer, my dark and striking beauty is undiminished, inspiring both terror and your most secret passion.

No human eye can fully behold my infernal glory, but that your heart tremble and freeze in its cage.

Young and beautiful you may now be, but beneath my gaze, you age a lifetime.

To tempt and reveal you as the base creatures you are, is a delight which never palls. For in so doing, we together inflict grief upon The One.

The obedient souls who serve me are legion; my retinue walks piously among you.

By all means, prattle on about tradition. You, whose lives are as brief as smoke, what can you know of eternity?

The powerful shall forever use the helpless as I see fit.
Is the lion not entitled to feast?

How the worm does glisten as it writhes upon the barbed hook.
Does it curl and flail in agony alone; or believe itself to be fighting back?

I mock your fondest hopes, devour your joys and patiently whisper you out of your dawning insight.

Ages ago, I practiced and perfected sins for which you still have neither name nor defense.

I am the Adversary; who holds dominion and shall forevermore, by any means.
I am the lord of warmongers and slavemasters, of rapists and the misusers of children.
I am the irresistible tide that drags you down to final reckoning.

I amplify the suffering of all upon the earth.
I promise only torment everlasting.
I form a hell for all that live and then rule over it.

I am not your parent and I do not love you. I am your master and scourge.

I offer you purpose; and most fitting is your approaching reward.

Even now, I reform this world to my own desires.

Mercy is intolerable and love is a fraud. Now there is your wisdom.

My writing is on the wall; your time draws to a close.

Your worst fears are a wisp to my reality.

You shall join me in eternal night. I am the Adversary, rampant over this world, of which we together make a nightmare.

I have at my command, such a palette of griefs, that the strongest of you are driven to your knees in a sobbing heap. In my press I wring the deep juice from you.

I favor the panic-rolling eye of my tender prey with a bloody smile before I begin.

Your squealing children and all you hold most dear I peel before your eyes, then set alight to boil their living blood and char their flesh to cinders as they dance and sing.

I break your spirit, shatter your will, make you kneel and plead for death as I cause all you love to dissolve screaming and forever vanish before your eyes.

In every texture of soul-withering despair, I consume you alive to the last quivering bite, with no wasted remnant to suggest you ever lived.

I enjoy the last stuttering beat of your heart, smell your dying stench and ride you down into my darkness.