View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 07:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmonRa
My moral standards are founded on the idea of doing nothing to others that I wouldn't wish to have done to me.

Funny, I've heard this somewhere before. Oh yea, the Bible.

If I was wrong about something, I would want to be corrected. I value truth over my ego. One example of this is when I accepted the word of God after a lifetime of rejecting it. I was real with myself and found that my bias was due to not wanting to change my ways.

Quote:
It's quite clear from your postings on this forum you have no intention of having a rational, open conversation about faith/spirituality, so I'll just leave this thread now.

This can't be a serious statement. Let's talk about rationality for a moment.

You said:
Quote:
The folly of Christianity and atheism is the rejection and failure to acknowledge any other possibility or probability as being acceptable; that 'their way' is the 'only way.' Spreading ideas that certain groups of people are 'chosen,' 'better,' or 'worth more,' in the eyes of a god is just as arrogant and absurd as claiming there are, and can never be, entities beyond our comprehension. We are all one humanity, doesn't matter who or what you worship or believe, just do it in love and it's all good.

Here you expressed your belief that Christianity and atheism is wrong for rejecting other possibilities as being true. That they are arrogant and absurd. Speaking in strict terms of logic, you clearly have an opinion that there is a "better" way.

Yet you go on to say:
Quote:
I never said it was correct or better, I don't claim to have the answer, nor do I push my agenda of what I consider to be 'right' for myself on others.

Well sure, you didn't use those exact words, but if you say something is wrong or at folly, you clearly think there is something better or correct. I implore logic and reasoning, which is why I ask you to reevaluate your statements, because they are irrational as I have just demonstrated.