View Single Post
Old 23-01-2018, 04:40 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
If I may add my bit - both pre-pube boys and girls are looked after by their mothers who do many things for them including providing meals, taking them to school, doing their packed lunches, reading bed-time stories, nursing their wounds, giving them support when they're emotionally hurt as they grow their identities.

This relationship persists after puberty with girls, as they go through similar things to their mums like menstruation, sore breasts as they grow, the risks of pregnancy - so they have and can keep an affinity.

Different from boys reaching puberty as their burgeoning sexuality and early awakenings of overt emotions, desires and drives can't relate to the mother; plus there's the social expectation they'll grow up "like men", the very people who have already learned to suppress their emotions. "Stiff upper lip" stuff.

As I see it. And it would also correspond with Freud's attempted analysis. But it is a generalisation as some boys do still attach themselves to their mothers; some let their emotions flood forth in creative things which women don't seem to need to. How many famous women composers or artists were there pre the 21st century? But as authoresses, women can penetrate and portray characters better, giving them emotional slants and so outnumber male authors.

Ok, i see..