View Single Post
Old 14-09-2019, 01:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
There is this Hindi movie ‘Ghajini’ in which the lead actor has a memory span of only 15 minutes. Forced renewal!
Fascinating 'thought experiment'. The trouble (missing fact) with/in it is that conscious memory is only part of the our memory 'system'. There's soul-level 'imprinting' wherein stimulus-response sequences become 'organically' embedded in the beneath-consciousness roots (not just the conscious leaves and branches) of the psyche (or soul) of the spiritual experiencer. I didn't see the movie, however; maybe I spoke too soon and the 'miissing fact' wasn't in fact 'missed' and was incorporated into the 'thesis' of the story.

Quote:
If spiritual bypass means anaesthetising ourselves from perceived pain, indulgence in which is suffering, then it may work like hypnosis or EFT as a temporary reprieve.
That makes complete sense to me. The terms 'repression' and 'denial' in the fields of psychology and psychotherapy reference such phenomena I believe.

Quote:
The root however seems to have to do with stagnation in illusion and association with outcomes, with delusion in not recognising merit of harmonious alignment of our consciousness with the divine energy both within and without.
Yah! The 'stagnation' is the result of one's 'being-n-doing then being 'cut off' from the full FLOW of awareness/thought-n-motivation/feeling (i.e. mind-n-spirit). One the becomes 'estranged' from (and therefore 'numb' to) (real!) LIFE, you might say to THE Reality of one's Being-n-Doing - In previous posts I have analogized this to just operating like a 'clucking chicken'.

Much greater possibilities unfold when and if one authentically (re)connects with said FLOW. From my treatise which speaks of LIFE by way of elucidating the 'paradigm' of 'the Son' that Jesus spoke in terms of:
It is therefore really (always, in my opinion) most important that you maintain awareness of and make decisions on the basis of the fact that your soul is a mind-n-spirit ‘springthrough which Life Itself continually ‘streams’ and that the potential and venue for you to engage in psychospiritually sustaining and augmenting experiences and expressions of Love and Joy in relation to and with others is ubiquitously present and always available to be tapped into* at any given point, should you wish and choose to do so. This, no matter what your past history and future prospects may [presently ] be, reincarnationally or otherwise. This is also true in everyone else’s case, of course.

[Footnote*: “If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.” (John 7:37-38)]