Thread: "Not Spiritual"
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 07:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
I have been emotionally fragile I remember this in myself when I notice others, I have been that person.
I am an empath so I get the whole I feel deeply and I know its not me, so I notice others when they are there, I have been that person.

The lesson on the other side for me was being ok to be seen as
"that person" even as I knew myself and felt complete. People have their filters and cant see them and tell you its you. The thing with me nowdays is that I am quite honest with myself if they are on the money. When they hit the spot, I know the truth in myself. And I use that as a point of reconciliation in myself. When it doesn't react in me, I wonder if it is about them. But I don't say. I just observe and notice. I learn that I can still be myself and get on with it..

The old me would have fallen to the floor for weeks being seen a certain way that I couldn't see was me. My tears and fall told me something valuable. I learned what I was in all that reaction in myself. When I don't react I know my balance is moving in the right direction. Aware of something but not needing to entertain it as myself.
So, what I am getting now, is this is just another one of those 'autism things', really (any emotion I do not grok goes into that basket).

Another thing I can chalk down to 'being on the spectrum' because empathy is a difficult thing for me to fathom, even though a person can say "I am lonely" and I say, 'yeah, I know how you feel, because I am lonely too' when in fact, the loneliness I feel could/most likely is different from the loneliness they feel, so you are right, it's all about noticing these qualities within oneself, which would be no different if another person felt it or not.

All it really boils down to I guess, is that I cannot deal with emotionally fragile people and this has been the biggest lesson for me in the past few days...to leave it for others who can provide words of comfort and platitude because the other person asks for constructive 'help' but all they want is an 'online hug' as much 'comfort' as that honestly provides one...